Civil War was the best Marvel movie to date. It had everything—fast-paced action, epic fights, probing themes, developed characters with meaningful arcs, priceless humor, sweet tech. The list goes on.
There was so much at play in that movie, it’s hard to wrap your mind around it. The cure? A list of highlights.
Warning: major spoilers in the area. Please abstain if you haven’t seen the movie. Unless of course you don’t care. 😉
If you don’t know what happens decide to continue on, some of them won’t make any sense.
Here are twenty-six things we learned in Civil War.
- Tom Holland is going to be the best Spiderman we’ve seen thus far.
- Oftentimes, the right decision isn’t obvious. As much as we want to paint the world in black and white, life tends to exist in the gray areas.
- Loyalty is a powerful motivator.
- Revenge is also a powerful motivator.
- A movie can combine weighty themes and grittiness with humor, without sounding cheesy.
- There’s someone in the world who makes Black Widow look like an apprentice combatant.
- Bucky’s metal arm is so cool.
- Ant-Man is full of BIG surprises.
- Tony has a conscience, even if it’s in the form of a tiny person short-circuiting his suit.
- Cap has some sick biceps.
- Tony may have a crush on Aunt May.
- If the superhero gig doesn’t work out, Scarlet Witch could make a living creating wells.
- Betrayal is a painful thing and can lead to irrational behavior.
- Cap may be in love.
- Despite all the good superheroes do in saving the world and protecting people against evil, innocent bystanders still get hurt.
- Vision looks terrible in regular clothes.
- A battle between two teams of superheroes is one of the most intense, exhilarating scenes you’ll see on the big screen.
- Even the best of us, those who seem perfect, make mistakes.
- Cap is a law-breaking rebel.
- Black Panther owns a sweet hideout.
- Friendship can be a tricky thing. It makes us blind to faults yet fiercely loyal.
- Spiderman is attached to his homework.
- A house divided against itself will fall.
- Tony “Stank” is the best mispronunciation of any last name in the history of the world and is now officially a thing.
- It’s better not to trust Vision with the preparation of meals.
- Even when it’s not popular, even when the consequences are painful, you have to stand up for what you believe.
What were some of the highlights of Civil War to you?