Today begins Lorehaven Magazine’s first contest: to win a copy of Thomas Locke’s novel Enclave. Through this Friday, Feb. 15, you can enter our free drawing at Lorehaven.com. Or you can use the same form echoed here:
Enter the giveaway here. Then get more chances to win by doing any of these five options. Each option gets you different numbers of “points” that increase your winning chances:
- Subscribe to Lorehaven Magazine—five points.
(Existing subscribers count! Just provide your email address so we can check.)
- Tweet about the giveaway—three points.
(Be sure to tag @Lorehaven and @RevellBooks and use the #Enclave hashtag.)
- Tweet what you love about Christian-made fantastical novels—three points.
(Tag the same accounts as mentioned above!)
- Visit Lorehaven Magazine’s page on Facebook—one point.
- Follow @Lorehaven on Twitter—one point.
The contest closes Friday, Feb. 15. We’ll plan to notify our winner over the weekend. Then on Tuesday, Feb. 19, we’ll announce the winner.
Enclave: ‘Think Louis L’amour meets The Hunger Games . . .’
From Enclave‘s back cover:
It’s been 50 years since the Great Crash and what was once America is now a collection of enclaves, governed on the local level and only loosely tied together by the farce of a federal government. Catawba, one of the largest and most affluent enclaves in the southern states, is relatively stable and maintains a successful business of trade with nearby enclaves, including the one at Charlotte Township. But when a new vein of gold is found beneath the feet of those in Catawba, it’s only a matter of time before trouble finds them.
Now the future of Catawba may be in the hands of an untried 21-year-old trader named Caleb. And Caleb knows that if his secret were ever to come out, he would never see another dawn.
Think Louis L’amour meets The Hunger Games–lite with a sprinkle of X-Men. . . . It leaves young readers without the despair often associated with the “dystopian” genre and with hope to regain a better society.
Meanwhile . . .
And see what else we’re planning for this year. This includes:
- Another book contest, for Tosca Lee’s pre-apocalyptic The Line Between. (It’s already great and you should read it.)
- A conference appearance in Fort Worth, joining the Realm Makers Bookstore.
- Another conference appearance in Waco, Texas.
- Our return to the Realm Makers conference this July in St. Louis.
Lorehaven serves Christian fans by finding biblical truth in fantastic stories. Book clubs, free webzines, and a web-based community offer flash reviews, articles, and news about Christian fantasy, science fiction, and other fantastical genres
Further up and further in!