Several noteworthy items. First is the return of Speculative Faith, with a new address and a bit of a makeover. We’re happy to be back in business providing news and discussion about speculative fiction (the Speculative part of our name) from a Christian worldview (the Faith part of our name.)
Second up concerns the 2010 Clive Staples Award for Christian Speculative Fiction. Here’s the info from the award site:
Voting begins today!
Please read these instructions carefully.
CSA is not a popularity contest. The award has been established to recognize the work of fiction which readers designate as the previous-year’s best. Consequently, voters must adhere to these basic rules.
- You MUST have read at least two of the nominations.
- You may vote only once for a first, second, and third choice.
- You may not vote for the same book as your second or third option that you voted for as your first choice.
- Your votes for second and third options may not be for the identical book.
- You may mark the “none of these” option if you do not have a second or third choice.
- Voting will close September 1, 2010.
- Second and third choice options will only be considered if a clear winner is not determined by the first choice vote.
You’ll find the link to the ballot at the end of the award site post.