Speculative Faith’s regular contributors are biblical Christians. We are unified in our belief in the essentials of the faith.
- We believe God’s creation can and does echo His truth, for all truth is His truth and remains so even in a story that does not specifically recognize Him. Still, we believe the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God, and our only sure source for knowing Who God is, what the Gospel is, and what we must do in response.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death for sinners, in His resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature. Thanks to God’s creation of man in His image and His gifts even to those who reject Him, sinful man can sometimes echo some portions of God’s truth. But only by God’s grace, through faith alone in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, can anyone be saved from condemnation and restored to a right relationship with our Creator — this is the Gospel.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ, His true Church.
- We believe Jesus Christ will personally and bodily come again to complete His redemption of all things under His loving lordship and to create the New Heavens and the New Earth.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. God’s people will be saved to live forever with Him in perfect joy, and those who die while lost will be condemned forever.